After an afternoon in the Shed watching "Cross of Iron" I have decided to resurect my WW2 6mm stuff. Never happy with a result I made the rash decision to completely rebase my German collection. I took inspiration from "Ian H" who can be found on the following link http://www.iandrea.co.uk/wargames/6mm/bases0/bases1/bases1.html
So with a healthy collection of spare adhesive floor tiles lying around the shed let the rebasing begin!
Part of the urge to carry out this task was the recent purchase of some reinforcements from H&R, the majority of my 6mm stuff is GHQ and like the rest of the UK I am undergoing a period of belt tightening when the wife takes a more scrutinious look at all my purchases I can proudly inform her how well i have researched the market to obtain the lowest price possible.
The H&R minis are slightly smaller than GHQ and not as detailed in the mouldings however remember this is 6mm!
Now the bases, The collection are being based for BKC however I have decided to detract from the book suggestions and use a system of all base sizes as 30mm Sq for uniformity except for the HQs which will be circular and the Army Command as the oversize disc. I have also left space at the rear of the base for unit details etc.
Adhesive tiles are great! super, super thin and no more messy glue for the basing material. I use a drop of super glue just to secure the minis then a quick dip into the sand tub and done! These have been sprayed with Army painter Matt Black as a base and sealant and sucessively washed with a flat green & kleer mixture before a dry brush of stone grey. I will wait for the final painting to be complete before deciding to go any further as I fear spending too much detail on the base may detract from the actual minis.
Update to follow....
Kiwi Dave edited Photos Index
5 years ago



3 comments:
i liked the old bases, but i reckon these will look good too, when they are finished.
Steve
A TV in your shed? Luxury indeed. I bought my first order of H&R for over 20 years back in June. As you say not as good as GHQ but for 6mm OK.
REDTROOP, "A TV in your shed?" well my daughters portable DVD player, plenty of character the screen periodicaiiy needs a bash to get the colour working...
Post a Comment