Monday, 7 September 2009

Progress so far

This week i have started the first set of Infantry for Funny Little Wars, Pictured here are some of the Elite Infantry for Army Red. I still need to finish the details prior to subjecting them to a liberal dousing of gloss varnish. I have decided to field Highlanders as my Elites whilst the regular line infantry will be the standard colonial Infantry of the period (Trousered) this will give the army some standardisation throughout with specific details making the elites stand out from the regulars. I have also eyed up some colonial cavalry to field as my regulars next to the elites.

These are the images i forgot to post last week of my spring loaded 13lb field guns. Both have been test fired in the garden with regulation matchsticks and the range is good!

On another matter I have ordered a 6mm Greek Hoplite Army from Baccus for the DBA rule system. I have played this a few times now and quite like the simplicity and shortness of the game but the 15mm figures I had just didnt look right for the 12 bases allowed for each army. So 6mm it is for the massed troop visual effect funded by the old 15mm ancients that dissapeared into the Ebay void..

Cheers for looking.

3 comments:

Stig of the Dump said...

Which version of DBA do you use, there seems to quite a few. Im toying with the idea of geting a copy. 6mm is probably the way to go i reckon.

Steve.

Stig of the Dump said...

What Ground scale are yoou going for? 15mm or 25mm?

Steve

abdul666 said...

Funny Little Wars! How I understand the appeal of wargaming in 54mm -the scale of the toy soldiers of my childhood! Specially whith the 'Little Wars' approach.

The collective blog Emperor vs Elector offers a friendly, stimulating "diplomatic and 'flashnews from our country' exchanges" board to creators (currently some 76 contributors) of Lace Wars Imagi-Nations. What about a similar 'League of pre-1914 Imagi-Nations' collective blog?